go slow

Saturday, November 11, 2006

the last title was very accurate

the past couple of days have been extremely full for me, compared to the last two months. things finally kicked up in relation to looking to deepen my career skills. on thursday i had interviews from 11:30 to 16:00 hours nonstop, the company seems very youthful, constantly dynamic, based on teams and communication and uses a lot of technology, so i feel that it would be a great opportunity for me to build my skills. my wage will probably be pretty close to what i had desired to start out in, if i get the position.

so arriving home on thursday, was completely exhausted, and heard an answering machine message about a day job working for an event company at microsoft, which started at 7:00. i decided to accept, which ended up causing me to wake up at 5:45, starting the day out low on energy, as on thursday, i only ate breakfast and dinner, and friday i only ate a snack in the afternoon and further snacks down the evening. then after coming home, i watched a movie and waited for my wife to arrive home, in the meantime recieving a call about the position that i was interviewing for, saying that everyone had a very positive perspective of me.

friday night we decided to have a game night over here, two other couples came by, my wife made hot chocolate with cognac, i made some bruschetta, and we had some boursin cheese and crackers, and also later on some wine and other alcohols. we played cranium, and my wife's game "detective" which consists of victims, a detective, and a killer who kills by winking. it was a great time, the other two couples, john and meg, and karissa and jared, are really cool, we all have some similarities, but at the same time many different strengths. the game night ended around 1:00 and i collapsed in bed, after a tiring two days.

my brother and his girlfriend are up in canada visiting my grandparents, i hope they have a nice trip. the rest of my family is around, but i haven't seen everyone except for eric for a week or so. i really miss seeing jones, arya, dave, nathaniel, it's been hard to coordinate getting together this time, and hopefully in the near future we'll figure some sort of consistant even, which i've been claiming for some time now, with no success in planning. anyhow, i think i'd better do the dishes, but all is well. i'll hear back about a position on monday, and the other company that i wanted to get a position with will also enter into contact with me on monday. options, options, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home