go slow

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."

stole the title from mr. strew, who took it from mr. josh billings.

sunday. it was very nice, slow, the weekend actually turned out to go very well-paced! in saying this, i mean that instead of blurring by in a burst, each day was very lengthy and good. monday, i neglected to post due to my dreary spirits. i seem to have lost the little snap in my step, meaning i've not become as perky, enthusiastic and confident as i have been, so i'm working on developing that. i did manage to do laundry, change the towels and bedsheets, buy eric's present, take out the garbage, apply for a job, watch a dvd. now my plan is tweaking the minor details brown has suggested in my résumé and kick it up a notch. i'm drinking some arabian mocha java, which is by far my favorite starbucks blend, which i showed to jared and john when they were over on thursday, and listening to copious amounts of thom yorke's two singles off "the eraser", the b-sides are good but not as brilliant as the album... with the possible exception of jetstream. marzsal called yesterday, i tried reaching out to steve and my mother, however not much luck. when you're trapped at home all day looking for jobs, existance can seem kind of dismal, but i need to pull myself together.

i'm considering employing some techniques in this blog, using my political science and sociology background, to analyze current events, kind of like what other political blogs are running, however my fear is that this may transform the sentiment of the blog. if i do head in that direction, i must keep myself with the proper mindset, being that i will always be analyzing the world from my particular lens. this could mean that my perspective is very useful, or not terribly. but i find sitting down and talking to people about this in a coffeehouse or in a bar is the best way of conveying my theories, not via text.

i believe in every human being on earth, there is something to be learned, and there's always something i can share. this, i'm afraid has been hidden away, as i don't meet people very often anymore, there's this whole "get caught up in myself" thing, which means theories/ideas can get stuck in a rut. it's good to meet up with galen, rich, arya, jones and marszal, they're always good at providing different perspectives and branching me out. however, this is happening with less and less frequency. but, that's understandable, know that i am married, and fernanda provides so much support, and has been near selfless in pushing for me to succeed in accomplishing my own personal goals, and i have much to be thankful for this. anyhow, i am trying to be a better man of action, so i must head off and start making some headway. hope all is well, goodwill among men regardless beliefs, culture, or custom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home